This Privacy and Security Statement outlines the policies and practices of the Foundation for Leon County Schools (“FLCS”) regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data (collectively “Data”) when you visit the FLCS website.
FLCS may offer you the ability to connect with FLCS services and tools using a mobile device via a mobile optimized website. The provisions of this Privacy and Security Statement apply to all access provided through the use of mobile devices. This Privacy and Security Statement will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites.
By using the FLCS websites or internet services you consent to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement and to FLCS processing your Data for the purposes stated herein. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement, your use of FLCS’s websites or internet services may not be optimized, and, in some instances, you may be denied access to services that require FLCS to verify you as an authorized user.
1. Changes to this Statement – FLCS reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Security Statement at any time without prior notice. This Privacy and Security Statement occasionally will be updated to reflect new features and services or new privacy practices. The latest version will be posted on the FLCS website. The Privacy and Security Statement was last updated on 05/21/2021.
2. Data We May Collect – As described below, FLCS collects personal information that you provide (“Personal Data”) as well as general information about the use of its website (“Non-Personal Data”). “Personal Data” includes any information that identifies you directly, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, date and/or place of birth, payment and billing information, professional certifications or licenses, and government-issued identification numbers. Personal Data may also include sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability status, or religious preferences. The Personal Data we collect depends on how you choose to use our website and our services. FLCS will not distribute Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy and Security Statement unless required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that such action is permitted by law and is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or process such as civil and criminal subpoenas and court orders, to protect and defend the rights or property of FLCS, or to protect the personal safety of FLCS personnel or the general public. “Non-Personal Data” includes any information that does not identify you directly, such as your geolocation, browsing history, type and industry of employment, internet protocol address, and information automatically collected through the use of internet cookies.
3. How We May Use or Share Your Personal Data
a. Information Collected to Process Payment Transactions – When users of our website or our internet services become sponsors, make donations, order products, register for events or sign up for services, they will be required to provide information where we will acquire Personal Data necessary to process the transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, and credit card number or other payment information. Payment information, such as credit card details, is only collected to process a transaction, using a secure transmission method, and it is stored in an encrypted format. Reasonable measures are taken while processing transactions to ensure that payment information is not vulnerable to theft or interception. FLCS will not store or distribute your payment information in any manner that is not necessary to process a transaction. We employ third parties to assist us in fulfilling registrations and sponsorships, and other transactions involving payment. Those third parties will have access to certain Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform those services for us. We limit the use of all such Personal Data by these third parties to the performance of such services. We take reasonable steps to obligate these third parties to handle Personal Data appropriately and confidentially. However, FLCS cannot give absolute assurance that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. Please see the section “Users’ Information” below for details about how FLCS may use Personal Data collected during our donor and partnership applications or subscribing to an internet service.
b. Email Addresses – When contacting FLCS at any of the email addresses for assistance, we may ask for certain Personal Data, such as your name, email address, telephone number, or fax number. When collected for this purpose, the information is used to verify identity and to provide the assistance you are requesting. FLCS does not distribute or sell the email addresses users to any unaffiliated third party but may use email addresses or disclose email addresses to FLCS contractors to carry out the operations of FLCS and to provide FLCS services.
c. User Information – Personal Data may be used by FLCS to distribute marketing materials to users by mail, fax or email. Users can elect not to receive certain printed mailings, faxes or email notices from FLCS. In addition, FLCS occasionally rents the names and mailing addresses (excluding email addresses) of its users to third parties for approved uses such as promotional mailings, but restricts such third parties from otherwise using or retaining such information. Users can elect to not be included in these list rentals.
Additionally, FLCS may utilize data to match against existing advertising network profiles enabling the ability to target programmatic banner advertising. No Personal Data is shared with advertisers and all matched user profiles are anonymous. This service is only utilized for FLCS audience geolocated within the United States of America. FLCS collects and stores aggregate demographic information to track the organization’s diversity. Such de-identified demographic information may be shared with FLCS leadership groups. Users can opt to not share this information with FLCS leadership groups.
d. Electronic Publications – FLCS collects and uses the email addresses of users when they subscribe to our electronic publications for the purposes of sending the email messages that comprise these services. We may occasionally send email messages with surveys regarding these services or promote other FLCS products or services to subscribers. FLCS will not share the email addresses with any third party not associated with the support or delivery of this service.
4. How We May Use or Share Your Non-Personal Data
Additionally, FLCS uses anonymous list matching and website tracking pixels to better align marketing and advertising of FLCS/Partner products and services with your interests via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google and other ad networks/exchanges. When retargeting pixels are used for advertising, the pixel will provide an anonymous retargeting cookie to website visitors that FLCS may then target to website visitors when those website visitors visit websites that participate in online ad exchanges.
Most Web browsers have a setting to turn off the automatic acceptance of cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies from our website, use the internet Options or Preferences menu items in your browser to turn cookies off or receive warnings when cookies are sent to your computer. However, you should be aware that significant portions of our website will not function properly if you do not accept cookies. You are accepting cookies for this site.
b. General Website Usage Information – To monitor site usage and improve the quality of our website, FLCS gathers general information about the use of our website. We use web server logs and industry-standard website statistics software to count the number of visitors to our website, the number of views of particular pages, and to track other general statistics. From time to time, FLCS may share with third parties the aggregate, anonymous information about overall usage of our website and other internet services that we collect in order to sell advertising, solicit sponsorships or to pursue other legitimate business purposes.
5. Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
a. Personal Data Retention – We retain your Personal Data when collected or submitted on our website or as necessary to continue to provide internet or mobile-based services. This includes Personal Data you provided to us and Personal Data obtained from your use of our services. There may be some instances where we retain Non-Personal Data in a depersonalized or aggregate form.
b. Right to Access and Control Your Personal Data – You can access, update or delete your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Personal Data that we have about you:
Delete: You may ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Data, and we will work hard to honor all requests in a timely manner. In some instances, we may not be able to delete your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable financial transaction laws or other laws.
Change or Correct: You may ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
Object to, Limit or Restrict: You may ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data.
Right to Access: You have the right to see your Personal Data and take it with you. We will work with you to be sure we can provide the most complete set of your Personal Data and a secure way to transfer your Personal Data.
6. Links to Other Websites -The FLCS website and many of our print and electronic publications contain many links to other websites. The FLCS website also provides opportunities for user interaction with social media sites such as Facebook®, Twitter®, LinkedIn®, YouTube®, and various blogging sites. Content and links to other internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views, or content contained therein. FLCS is not responsible for the content or links posted by others on these social media sites. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. FLCS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Please check the other sites to access their privacy policies and determine how they may collect or use information.
7. Security – FLCS staff are educated on this policy and obligated to follow it. Access to Personal Data is limited to select employees and the information is stored in an encrypted format. We also take steps to obligate third parties to handle information appropriately and confidentially.
8. Contacting FLCS About Privacy Issues – We welcome your comments, suggestions, or questions about our Privacy and Security Statement and FLCS’s privacy practices. We also welcome user requests to elect not to receive certain forms of communication from FLCS and third parties.
Please contact us:
Eric Clark, Executive Director
Foundation for Leon County Schools
2757 W. Pensacola Street
Tallahassee, Fl 32304
(850) 487-7241 (Office)
9. Site Security Information – The FLCS website features a number of security features designed to make your use of the site worry-free.
We strive to make our online donations, sponsorships, registration, and services useful and safe. Since use of these services often requires personal or financial information, we make every effort to ensure that the information is transferred and stored securely. For all online transactions, all information sent using our shopping cart is transmitted to our server using the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) protocol and not OpenSSL. SSL is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (“HTTP”) that creates a secure connection using “HTTPS”.
When you are entering your credit card information to register for programs or make a donation, you will know you are on a secured page when you see this image: The Secured Area image indicates that the page you are viewing is using SSL. It also indicates that an order or registration form supports encryption.