- Invest in Students!
- Innovate Change that will Challenge Future Leaders!
- Inspire our Community!
To bring enriching programs and resources to Leon County Schools through business, individual and community engagement; increased public awareness; and dedicated fundraising.
The Foundation for Leon County Schools (Foundation) was established in 1986 when forward-thinking business, community, and education leaders came together with a common goal of enhancing educational opportunities and experiences for Leon County students in order to deliver a superior education.
Under the leadership of its volunteer Board of Directors, the Foundation remains focused on enhancing programs that include teacher mini-grants, dropout prevention, scholarships, teacher training, Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) development, and wellness.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the Foundation:
- Generates financial support to enhance educational programs benefiting students and teachers in Leon County Public Schools
- Awards teacher mini-grants to enhance classroom learning
- Provides funding to ensure at-risk students graduate from high school and move on to a career or college environment
- Ensures that students in need have basic school supplies
- Acts as a liaison between the private sector and the school district to provide avenues for business, industry, and community involvement and investment in Leon County public schools