- Invest in Students!
- Innovate Change that will Challenge Future Leaders!
- Inspire our Community!
To bring enriching programs and resources to Leon County Schools through business, individual and community engagement; increased public awareness; and dedicated fundraising.
The Foundation for Leon County Schools (Foundation) was established in 1986 when forward-thinking business, community, and education leaders came together with a common goal of enhancing educational opportunities and experiences for Leon County students in order to deliver a superior education.
Under the leadership of its volunteer Board of Directors, the Foundation remains focused on enhancing programs that include teacher mini-grants, dropout prevention, scholarships, teacher training, Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) development, and wellness.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the Foundation:
- Generates financial support to enhance educational programs benefiting students and teachers in Leon County Public Schools
- Awards teacher mini-grants to enhance classroom learning
- Provides funding to ensure at-risk students graduate from high school and move on to a career or college environment
- Ensures that students in need have basic school supplies
- Acts as a liaison between the private sector and the school district to provide avenues for business, industry, and community involvement and investment in Leon County public schools
Board of Directors Meeting Dates
All meetings are held at Envision Credit Union, 600 N. Monroe Street
Meetings begin @ 4 PM
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Thursday, November 30, 2023
January 19, 2024
February 16, 2024
March 22, 2024
April 19, 2024
May 17, 2024
June 21, 2024